Pastor Carlton Coon Sr.
. . . an accomplished author and veteran pastor. He is an accomplished and passionate church leader, with a vision to change the world. He has written over 35 books in the following genres:
- Preacher, Pastor and Ministerial Development – “If we can grow a pastor, the pastor will grow the church. There is no need to talk about church growth unless we address preacher growth.”
- Christian Living– “Christian life has no secrets and cannot be compartmentalized. It must be daily. Each person’s behavior must demonstrate the characteristics that make for a healthy church . . ..”
- Disciple-making– “No church can be called successful if it makes converts but does not make disciples.”
- Teaching and Preaching Resources– “No minister is any better than his resources.” These materials cover an expanse from communion to lessons on the book of Ephesians.
- God’s Men– Christian men are a vital key to growth. Too often men are overlooked in the disciple-making process.
His resume includes having previously grown three churches:
- Vidalia Revival Center – Vidalia, Louisiana
- Truth Tabernacle (2848 North Broadway; Springfield, Missouri) now rebranded and re-doctrined as “Courageous.”
- Calvary Pentecostal Church – Springfield, Missouri
For twelve years, Carlton was General Director of North American Missions for his church organization. During those years the organization had unprecedented growth in churches planted and contributions to assist in planting churches. That growth trend continues today
Currently, the Coons are bi-vocational co-pastors. The secular employment is selling used books on Amazon. This is not their first season of being bi-vocational. While in Vidalia, he was regional manager for a vocational training corporation. This afforded the opportunity to serve on advisory boards of the Association of Independent Colleges and Schools and be part of the process of evaluating similar colleges.
Carlton served as President of the Vidalia Chamber of Commerce and sat on the City Board of Adjustments. Other efforts include, launching and leading a Men’s Ministry effort in the State of Missouri (USA); serving on Gateway College of Evangelism’s (now Urshan College) Board of Directors, and as a member of the Missouri District Board.
Carlton and Norma have been married over 40 years. They share two wonderful children + one equally wonderful daughter-in-law. They are grandparents to two teens and a younger granddaughter.